Security & Disinfection Policies
The Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley is designed and set up as an adult & child interactive experience, just like most other children’s museums, amusement parks, and playgrounds.
Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times.
To assist parents/caregivers in keeping children safe in the Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley, we have several security measures in place. Read about them below.
- NO ADULTS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM WITHOUT A CHILD. Any adult that needs to enter the facility without a child is escorted through the exhibit floor by a staff member – there are no exceptions.
- SECURE EXITS. Our front door is manned by staff members to ensure no child leaves the museum without the proper adult.
- ALL STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS HAVE PASSED THOROUGH BACKGROUND CHECKS.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION POLICY
The museum implements a higher cleaning standard than most public places on a daily basis.
- All props are sanitized on a regular schedule and are either laundered or hand sanitized with commercial-grade, kid-safe sanitizer. We provide bins for removing props from the floor that need to be sanitized right away.
- Hand sanitizer is available at multiple locations throughout the museum.
- Hand washing station located on the museum floor.
- Staff sanitizes surfaces before opening and again mid-day, and empty garbage throughout the day.
- Staff cleans floors, sinks and restrooms and empty garbage nightly in all museum spaces.
- The museum is closed on Mondays for a DEEP CLEAN of all exhibit components.
We strive to give our guests the best possible museum experience. If you feel an area of the museum needs extra attention, PLEASE contact our museum staff during your visit.
RECENT HEALTH ALERT: With recent news revolving around the Coronavirus/COVID-19, we are taking special precautions and ramping up our already robust cleaning and sanitation procedures. We’re increasing the frequency in which we clean and sanitize our exhibits, movable props and toys throughout the day, in addition to maintaining our professional bi-weekly deep cleaning schedule.